Pre-Listing Home Inspection
If you are wanting to sell your home with ease, a “Pre-listing home inspection” by RSH Engineering, Inc. is a great idea for following reasons:
1. It Reduces the stress by being pro-active
2. It helps you to price your home correctly based on the issues/repairs done.
3. It speeds up the sale of your home
4. It guides you into making the necessary repairs
5. It minimize any re-negotiations or eliminates it
6. It increases the buyer’s confidence and trust in you as you are pro-active in disclosing the inspection report and repairing any issues from the engineer’s report.
7. The agent’s job becomes easier and the agent will love you for it.
Pre listing home inspection is not a regulatory requirement but many sellers opt for it to avoid surprises during negotiations. The buyer will be conducting their own independent pre home inspection, by conducting a pre listing inspection, the seller is assured of what the buyer’s home inspector is likely to find. Pre listing home inspection cost depends largely on –
- The size of the house
- The area where it is located
- The age of the home
- The condition of the house
Home inspection report provided by the home inspector will be invaluable in making repairs and improvements before listing the house for sale in the market.
The pre listing inspection checklist includes major systems inspection of –
- Roof structure and covering
- Foundation, basement, and crawlspace
- Electrical system
- Plumbing system
Their recommendations will mostly include –
- Replacing bathroom caulk
- Cleaning gutters
- Restoring leaky faucets
- Tightening dooknobs
- Replacing damaged screens and windowpanes
- Replacing broken fixtures
- Secure loose railings
- Check safety measure equipment such as smoke detectors, outdoor lighting, circuit breakers etc.
The buyers will appreciate the efforts of the pre home inspection and will be more favourable in negotiations as your home will look more attractive and the safety measures that everyone expects will be in place. It also makes the job of the real estate agents easier in foreclosing offers as the house will sell itself.
Bigger motivation for pre listing inspection
It is always a buyers’ market, so these are some common reasons for conducting pre listing home inspection.
- It is better to spend a little extra to ensure you don’t lose a buyer over something that could have easily been fixed. Any red flags raised during home inspection, minor or major, on roofing, plumbing, electrical or foundation issues; termites or other pests; mold or water damage; window or door problems; or paint job can be resolved before listing the house
- Get better prices from a well-maintained and well-kept house and avoid running the risk of accepting an offer from a buyer and later after the pre purchase inspection in Dallas risking the buyer backing out when they find some hidden problems.
- Sometimes, if the problem cannot be fixed in the timeline set by the buyer, they may end up cancelling the contract completely. A cancelled contract can show up in the home’s property history with real estate agents. You will have to answer potential buyer’s query or settle for a lower price.
- Conducting pre listing inspection can ensure sales closure earlier as the buyer may waive off their own pre purchase inspection based on the seller’s inspection report.
- Pre listing home inspection can be used to promote the house as you can mention the good points mentioned in the pre inspection report in the listing.
- Buyer queries coming on the basis of the pre listing inspection report will be with serious intent and you can foreclose the sale faster.
Once you have decided to sell your property, first thing to do should be to contact pre listing home inspection services. Once you get the Pre listing home inspection report, you can make an informed decision about repair work you want to spend on and what you want to leave since it won’t majorly affect the asking price. The pre listing inspection also gives strong negotiation points to the seller to counter the buyer’s pre purchase inspection reports.
At RSH Engineering, we conduct pre listing home inspection for sellers looking for a quick sale with minimum hassle. Real estate agents are familiar with us and we are recognized in the market by our reputation for having certified home inspectors with strong technical background. We will give you precise advice on what necessary repairs to undertake and submit an engineer’s report that will be accepted by buyers and agents alike.