PERFORMED BY RSH ENGINEERING, INC HOME INSPECTIONS WHEN A GENERAL HOME INSPECTION IS ORDERED.
- Is your house energy efficient?
- Is your house thoroughly insulated, sealed, and vented at the right places?
- Is your utility bill high?
Find out with an RSH ENGINEERING, INC. Energy Audit.
An energy audit is a thorough inspection of the house to determine areas that allow excessive heat losses. Recommendations to save $$$ provided.
The following is done when an energy audit is conducted:
Insulation is checked for at Ceilings, attic floors, walls, attic pull down doors, doors leading to garages.
- Check the type and proper coverage of insulation used: batts or blankets, loose fill, or rigid board
- Check for adequate attic ventilation via ridge vents, roof vents, soffit vents, attic fan, etc.
- Check for insulation and air leaks of ducts and refrigerant line insulation.
- Check for window seals that are broken and air leakage, etc.
- Check for proper caulking and weather-stripping
- Heating and air-conditioning (Check for temperature difference – inlet to outlet) and adequate return.
- Check Filter, blower motor, coil, condenser unit, etc.